Redesign and restructure the online learning section to support new program types
Due to COVID-19 and the reduction of business travel, Wharton Executive Education pivoted its business model from on campus learning to live synchronous online programs. These had to be differentiated from existing online asynchronous programs.
As project lead, I was responsible for coming up with a revised site structure and determining what pages can be consolidated due to existing duplicative content.
In my research, I used metrics from Google Analytics to determine which pages were generating the most traffic, and I reviewed heatmaps to identify popular user interactions.
During the development, l was responsible for the timeline, design, and the building out of all the pages in WordPress.
- Online program content was found in several site sections and pages had redundant content. This resulted in user confusion and could potentially negatively impact SEO rankings.
- Due to the redundancy, it was challenging to keep content up-to-date
- Three different program types/content needed to be differentiated: Wharton LIVE for individuals (synchronous); online certificates for individuals (asychronous and delivered by a third party partner); and online programs for organizations (which could contain a combination of the previous two).
- I proposed a new section structure that would house all online program pages — thereby removing online content from other sections. Instead, other sections would link to the new online section.
- A page would be dedicated to each program type.
- The main page of the section would serve as the gateway to the program types.
- I designed icons for each type to help with visual pathing.
The resulting structure was well-received by both internal stakeholders and customers.
Screenshots of the new section pages are below.
Below are screenshots of the mobile views of the redesigned online section that I art directed.
Online Main Page
Wharton LIVE Online
Blended Learning Solutions
Below are screenshots of the previous online content pages, sitemaps of the previous and revised online section.
Below are wireframes I designed for the revised section.